Jawbone Up2 Hard Reset Not Working and Ways to Improve It – What happens if the Jawbone Up2 hard reset not working? It is most likely that there is something wrong with the internal system and you need to figure out a way to manage it. However, a hard reset will definitely delete the data and the history, so before you are rushing to do it, it would be better to try the soft reset first – just to see whether the device would respond better to it.
The Main Reason
Your smart watch is a machine, anyway, and a machine is prone to technical problems. When it doesn’t respond properly or when it refuses to sync data or charge, there must be something wrong. You would want to restart the system with the soft reset first. After all, it is always advisable to try the soft reset first. If it doesn’t work, then you can continue with the hard reset.
Ways to Do the Reset
So, how to do it? How do you manage the soft reset first, given that Jawbone Up2 hard reset not working?
- Connect a USB cable to the watch and then connect it to a port
- Simply hold and press the button. Keep doing it while plugging in the band
- The band should show red and yellow flash colors. When it happens, you want to release it
- Continue to sync the Jawbone with your app.
In case the soft reset doesn’t work, try the hard one:
- Press the band’s button 10 times.
- On the last press, hold it for around 10 seconds until you see a red light flashing
- Don’t forget to sync the watch with the app.
If this method doesn’t work, it is likely that you are pressing it wrong or you don’t hold it long enough. It is also possible that you aren’t applying the right pressure for it. Those are some of the most likely situations for Jawbone Up2 hard reset not working.